every one a winner
every one a dinner
Thai-style Beef Salad
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Cook the beef strips as rare or well done as you prefer.
Nutritional value per serving:
Energy 272 calories; Protein 29 g; Fat 14 g of which saturated fat 4 g; Carbohydrate 7 g of which sugars 6 g.
350 g/ 12 oz crisp lettuce leaves, shredded 175 g/ 6 oz cucumber, diced 2 medium carrots, coarsely grated 115 g/ 4 oz fresh bean sprouts 1 clove garlic, crushed 1 tsp lemongrass, finely chopped 500 g/ 1 lb 2 oz lean beef steak, thinly sliced Small bunch of fresh coriander, chopped Small bunch of Thai basil, chopped 2 tsps vegetable oil 2 limes 2 tbsps olive oil 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Arrange the shredded lettuce, diced cucumber, grated carrots and bean sprouts on either a large serving platter or individual plates.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan and gently cook the crushed garlic and lemongrass for about 30 seconds, until just golden brown.
- Add the beef to the pan and fry over a high heat for 1 – 2 minutes, stirring continuously to keep the slices separate. Remove the meat from the pan and place on top of the salad vegetables.
- Squeeze two tbsps of juice from the limes and add to the pan with the herbs, olive oil and chilli sauce.
- Cook, stirring, for 1 minute then pour the dressing over the beef and salad and serve.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).