every one a winner
every one a dinner
Tomato and Tapenade Tarts
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 30 minutes
These tempting individual tarts look and taste fantastic, and demand very little time or effort.
Nutritional Value per serving:
543kcal/2269kj; Fat 35.9g of which saturated fat 2.4g; Cholesterol 9mg; Carbohydrates 50.8g of which sugars 6.2g; Protein 10.2g; Fibre 1.7g; Sodium 736mg
Vegetable oil for greasing 500 mg/1 ¼ lb puff pastry, thawed if frozen Plain flour for dusting 60 ml/4 tbsp green olive tapenade 500 g/1 ¼ lb cherry tomatoes (try using different colours) 90 g/3 ½ oz mascarpone cheese Salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220’C/200’C Fan/425’F/Gas 7
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet and sprinkle it with water. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut out four 16 cm/6 ½ in rounds, using a bowl or small plate as a guide.
- Transfer the pastry rounds to the prepared baking sheet. Using the tip of a sharp knife, mark a shallow cut 1 cm/ ½ in from the edge of each round to form a rim.
- Spread half the tapenade over the pastry rounds, keeping it within the marked rim. Cut half of the tomatoes in half. Pile all the tomatoes on the pastry, keeping them inside the rim. Season lightly.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Dot with the remaining tapenade. Spoon a little mascarpone on the centre of the tomatoes and season.
- Bake for a further 10 minutes, until the mascarpone has melted.
- Serve warm.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).