every one a winner
every one a dinner
Veal with creamy mushroom sauce
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 10 minute
Cooking time – 20 minutes
A bit of a show-stopper for a quick, but delicious supper.
4 veal escalopes, approx. 100g/3 ½ oz each Salt and freshly ground black pepper 4tbsp plain flour 2tbsp olive oil 15g/ ½ oz butter 250g/9oz chestnut mushrooms, sliced 200ml/7fl oz chicken stock 100ml/3 ½ fl oz dry white wine 2 sprigs of thyme 4tbsp double cream Rice or pasta to serve.
- Place the veal between sheets of greaseproof paper or cling film, and pound each with a meat mallet or wooden rolling pin until about 3mm/ ⅛ in thick. Season the escalopes on both sides. Place the flour on a plate, season it and coat each escalope on both sides.
- Heat the oil and butter together in a large, non-stick frying pan that has a lid, over a medium heat and brown 2 of the escalopes for 1 minute on each side. Set aside and repeat with the remaining veal.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan, stir well and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring, until they have released their juices and the juices have evaporated. Add the wine, stock and thyme, season and bring to the boil.
- Return the veal to the pan and shimmy the pan, to cover the escalopes in the mushroom sauce.
- Reduce the heat, cover the pan and simmer for 5 minutes over a low heat, carefully turning once halfway through cooking. Remove the veal from the pan and place on a warmed serving plate.
- Bring the sauce to the boil and cook for 5 minutes to reduce. Stir in the cream and gently heat through. Pour the sauce and mushrooms over the veal and serve with rice, or pasta if preferred.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).