every one a winner
every one a dinner
To serve – 6
Preparation time – 10 minute
Cooking time – 30 minutes
Wonderful served with just a green vegetable, such as broccoli.
Nutritional value per serving:
Protein 30g; Fat 15g; Carbohydrate 0g; Fibre 0g; Cholesterol 132mg; 1227kj/295kcal
12 thin veal escalopes 12 fresh sage leaves 12 slices ham 12 slices mozzarella Plain flour for coating 80g butter 250ml dry white wine
- Flatten the escalopes with a meat mallet or rolling pin to make them as thin and even as possible.
- On each escalope, place a sage leaf, a slice of mozzarella and a slice of ham. Fold the escalopes in two and secure each with a toothpick, or two if necessary.
- Lightly coat in flour.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan. When foaming, add the escalopes in two batches and cook over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until lightly golden.
- Remove the veal and keep warm.
- Add the wine to the pan and stir over a high heat until reduced by half to form a sauce. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Remove the toothpicks from the escalopes, pour the sauce over the top of the veal and serve.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).